Friday, August 5, 2011

True Life: I'm a *General* Blogger!



I am Kayla, and I am a general blogger.

I was born and raised in North Carolina.  I am an army brat, born in Womack Army Hospital, in Fort Bragg, NC.  I am a Christian.  I love God, and I owe my life to the Lord.  If not for the blessings I have received from God, I would not be here today!

I am a country girl, through and through, but I also like to get dressed up and go out on the town.  I enjoy most outdoor activities, including camping, fishing, hunting, four-wheeling, mudding, hiking, and biking.

I love to take pictures, and most of the time, you will not catch me without my camera.  In my spare time, I enjoy blogging, reading, arts and crafts, scrapbooking, and puzzles (sudoko, kakuro, crosswords, word searches, and many others).  I love exercising now, *because I used to hate it* :), and I am *actively* trying to lose weight and become healthier!

 


I love to bake and cook.  I try to make healthy recipes for food that I love, that way I can still enjoy what I am eating without sabotaging my health and weight loss efforts.  I have always loved fruits and vegetables, so I try to incorporate these into every meal!

 
I am a full-time college student.  I just finished my Associate's Degree in Elementary Education in May of 2011, and I was able to walk in July.  After finishing my classes with my Associate's Degree, I immediately started my Bachelor's Degree in Elementary Education.  I am excited to be at this point in my life, and I cannot wait until I will finish with my Bachelor's Degree and can start teaching on my own.


I hope you enjoy finding out about me, and I appreciate you stopping by.  Have a blessed day!

*Kayla*

*Some of my pictures and words have links with them.  If you click the links, it will take you to other blog posts containing more information about each individual topic*

8 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

wow, you are quite the inspiration. i had to follow your blog so i can learn from you... keep up the good work, girl!

-Sarah from livinglifelakeside.blogspot.com

Celia Houck said...

whoohoo! good luck with your dieting and exercise! congrats on your associates! visiting from the link up.

Annie said...

best wishes with everything pretty lady!! :) visiting from the link up!! i'm not participating but love reading all kinds blogs!

Unknown said...

Wow, you are truly inspiring. So glad you decided to link up

tara said...

thank you for linking up! congrats on your weight loss success so far!!

Sasha said...

I love reading about peoples weight loss stories, yours is way inspirational! Congrats on your success!

Anonymous said...

good for you on the healthy lifestyle! it's always encouraging to hear stories like yours! do you ever post recipes or exercises?? particularly w/ the kettle bell ?? i received some for a birthday gift and haven't an idea how to use them. thanks and good luck to you!

Kristen L.
http://www.lusciousjunk.com/

Liz Taylor said...

yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Kayla <3