Saturday, February 5, 2011

Delicious Healthy Brownies!

Delicious brownies that are healthier for you than most other sweets.  These brownies have less than 100 calories per serving, and they are made from black beans.  Yes, I said black beans!  They were absolutely delicious!  My brother was not going to eat them, but he gave one of them to his one of his daughters, and she said that they were great and tasted fudgy.  So, he decided that he would try them.  He said that he preferred the box brownies, but that is because they are filled with preservatives.  He tried extremely hard to taste the black beans in the brownies, and he couldn't.  They were a great hit with both of my nieces, and I would definitely recommend them to anyone who has a sweet tooth and is trying to lose weight.

For the recipe, you can follow the link below: http://www.doctoroz.com/videos/rocco-dispiritos-fudgy-fruit-nut-bars

This recipe calls for cutting the brownies into 12 equal squares, but I did 15 equal squares, so that the brownies were under 100 calories each.  The nutritional facts for my batch of brownies is per brownie:
* Calories - 97
* Fat - 0.7 g
* Carbs - 20.4 g
* Sugar - 12 g
* Protein - 3.3 g

In addition, I could not find the espresso powder that was called for in the recipe, so I just left it out.  They still tasted great!

No comments: