Thursday, August 18, 2011

20 friends = 20 books

Ok my lovelies - since I consider any of my followers/readers my friends, I am trusting you to help me out here.

One of my goals for my "101 in 1001" is to ask 20 friends to suggest one book each for me to read.

So, can some of you please suggest some interesting reads for me?  I enjoy plenty of books, and I love to read.  I am actually interested in a couple of books already, but since this is up to my friends, you have free reign, and I will read what you suggest.

Please post your suggestions in the comments.
And, thank you so much my *beautiful* friends!

*Thank you everyone who has suggested a book so far*

Here is my list so far:
1. Heaven is for Real by Todd Burpo (suggested by Jessica)
2. The Help by Kathryn Stockett (suggested by Alisha W.)
3. The Guernsey Literary & Potato Peel Pie Society by Mary Ann Shaffer & Annie Barrows (suggested by Brunette & Blessed)
4. Under the Dome by Stephen King (suggested by Woody)
5. My Hand Came Away Red by Lisa McKay (suggested by Kasi)
6. Captivating and Wild at Heart by John Eldredge (suggested by Josh H.) (I know it's two {2} books, but I am reading them both & counting it as one!)
7. Life of Pi by Yann Martel (suggested by TaurMe)
8. The Pearl by John Steinbeck (suggested by RooPlusTwo)
9. One Day by David Nicholls (suggested by Laura)
10. The Kite Runner by Khaled Hosseini (suggested by Amanda)
11. The Perks of being a Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky (suggested by Sasha)
12. Wobbly Legs on a Firm Foundation by Nia Stivers (suggested by Eli)
13. Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (suggested by Ashley)
14. The Boy Who Came Back from Heaven by Kevin Malarkey (suggested by Sherrie S.)
15. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (suggested by Melissa)
16.  The House of Night Series by P.C. Cast & Kristin Cast (suggested by Melissa C.)


I still need four {4} book suggestions, so if you are reading this and you have not suggested a book for me to read, please do so! :)

11 comments:

Jessica said...

Hey Kayla! I have heard everyone talking about how good "The Help" is and "Heaven is For Real." I haven't read these yet,but plan to. I've heard that you will not want to put either book down, they are that good! Actually my book club is going to read "Heaven is For Real" when we finish our current book. =)

Brunette & Blessed said...

The hunger games series!
or the gurnsey and literary patatoe peel pie society!
I love to read too! great idea

Woody said...

The best book I've read recently is Under the Dome by Stephen King. It's one of those books where I couldn't wait to get to bed to start reading. Highly recommended!

Kasi said...

Saw your post...You should read My Hands Came Away Red by Lisa McKay

TaurMe said...

I'm reading a book called "Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. I like it! Its sweet, simple and quite interesting.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Life_of_Pi

Ruby Q. Love said...

I have a suggestion- the Pearl by Steinbeck.

Laura said...

The Help is amazing and the movie is awesome too!


I also read One Day by David Nicholls this Summer and it is a great book. Check it out!

Sasha said...

A quick but good read is "The Perks of Being a Wallflower"

The Pixel Dad said...

Wobbly Legs on a Firm Foundation by Nia Cox-Stivers.

Order through her site, she'll sign it for you, and tell her Eli sent you. It's a great read.

Ashley Leanne said...

Good idea for book suggestions!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen

:)

Anonymous said...

I saw someone put the Hunger Games, but you didn't put it on your list so maybe you've already read it? But it's so good so I'm seconding it!

Otherwise, my second choice for you would be The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (I think I spelled that right)