Saturday, July 30, 2011

Busiest & Best Time of My Life

I am super excited about everything that is going on in my life right now, but this will be one of the busiest times of my life.  It will also be one of the BEST!

I am currently in my Bachelor's Degree program in Elementary Education.  I just graduated with my Associates Degree, which was super exciting, since I am the first person on either side of my family to graduate from college with a degree!

Well, my Bachelor's Degree program is in full swing, which means I am super busy.  Not only do I have school work, but I also have to go take the Praxis I exam, get a TB skin test (which I had done today, but do not get my results 'til Monday), get fingerprinted, and start classroom observations.  Whew!

It is extremely hard work, but I know it will all pay off in the long run when I am teaching my own class of students.  I have always loved children, and I enjoy helping them achieve their goals and dreams.  It will be a great pleasure of mine when I can teach and watch students learn, grow, develop, and excel!

So, not only am I going to school, but I am actively looking for work, exercising, and trying to plan a vacation, which is needed and well-deserved.  I am still trying to find a job while in school because my education is not paying for itself, yet!

On the note about exercising, I am trying to get back in my groove, so that I can start losing weight again.  I really want to get down to my goal weight by Thanksgiving or Christmas.  I know it is much harder to lose weight in the winter because many times our lives become sedentary, so I want to lose weight before full winter kicks in.

And, I need a vacation.  At least a mini-vacay.  After going to school for so long and accomplishing what I have so far, I believe a vacation is well-deserved and hopefully, in the near future.  I would like to go to the beach for a weekend.  But, with everything else that I am doing, it is hard to look up hotels and plan a trip.

Hopefully, I can accomplish this one task for myself though!

No comments: