Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top Ten Tuesday - 10 reasons I love fall!

So, I was going to write a post today about this cooler weather and how it is making me anticipate fall's arrival, and I still kinda am!
source


I found a link-up for Top Ten Tuesday on Amanda's blog, Oh Amanda, so my post will be the Top Ten Reasons why I love fall!

source

1. Cooler weather - I love summer, swimming, tanning, and all, but fall is my season.  I believe the weather is perfect, with the sun shining and a breeze blowing.

2. Cuter clothes - I don't know about you, but I love me some fall clothes.  And the accessories you can pair with them!  From scarves to hats to coats to purses to shoes & boots to jewelry, I love it all! <3
source
3. Leaves change colors - I love watching the leaves change colors, falling off the trees, raking them up, then jumping in them!  I believe nature is never as beautiful as it is in the fall.
source

4. My birthday - I am a fall baby & maybe that is the reason I love it so much - who knows?  Anywho, my birthday is October 6, so it is right in the middle fall and perfect weather!

source

5. Halloween - While this is not one of my favorite holidays, I still like it.  I think it is fun getting dressed up in costumes & going to a party at my cousin's house.  I also like decorating, handing out candy, and taking the children trick-or-treating!
source

6. Thanksgiving - Yes, technically Thanksgiving is in the fall, although it may feel like wintertime already!  I love this holiday, but it is not my fave (Christmas is!).  I enjoy cooking (& eating, too), decorating, going to see family, and being thankful for all that I have.


source

source

7. Hayrides, pumpkin patches, corn mazes, and haunted trails - Need I say more?!  I love going out and experience nature, while also enjoying all that fall has to offer!  This handy-dandy link is a website just for this kind of thing.  Scroll to the bottom & click your state.
source
8. Festivals and fairs - All Most of the festivals around here are in the fall.  I love going to these and walking around, looking at all the goodies.  I also like going to the fair to ride all the crazy rides, play kids games, and eat that fattening, heart attack food!
source
9. Time change - Many people hate when the time changes, but I love it!  I like when it gets darker earlier.  On clear nights, it is so nice to lay around looking up at the stars!

10.  Preparing for winter - I know, this is about fall, but around Thanksgiving, I start preparing for winter.  I go shopping (for new clothes & Christmas presents), stock up on books to read, and put up Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving.
source


What do you all love about fall?

1 comment:

Poison said...

I love fall for all the same reasons. even have a fall birthday, too. Its always close to thanksgiving. But my thanksgivings never feel like winter time. Guess that's because Texas hardly ever feels like winter except maybe 2 days a year. lol.