Thursday, May 10, 2012

Road Rage

So, I have been told once or twice {or twenty times!} that I have road rage.

Which, every now and then, kinda makes me think that I do.
{You know, if you get told enough times that something is wrong with you, you start to believe it!}


When I was a sophomore in high school, I took a psychology class, and during that class we were required to take a quiz to determine if it was possible that we had road rage.  Yep!  It said that I had tendencies to be an aggressive driver and could have road rage.
{Not a good sign when you don't even have your license yet!}


So, back to the road rage.  I do not believe that I am aggressive when driving, and I don't think that I have road rage.  I may get upset, yell some, and call out some random "K" swears {"K" swears include but are not limited to:  son of a b, shiitake mushrooms, and effin - can you tell I do not like to curse?}, but I do not get aggressive or become reckless.


As a matter of fact, I am a very good driver, and I am extremely safe.  I have never been in an accident that was my fault, and I have never received an actual ticket {I have received a couple of warnings, both verbal and written - especially about my speed - though!}.  I may not follow all of the laws {Who can drive 20 MPH besides granny & papa on Sunday? Or any day for that matter?  Really!}, but I do take care not to do anything that will harm myself, my passengers, or any other drivers or people on the road.

And, I took another quiz {I couldn't find the same one from when I was in high school}.  And the results stated that I am an excellent driver.  

I guess my problem is that I just really, really hate stupid things that other drivers do.  Here are some of my biggest pet peeves:


  • Driving under the speed limit without good cause, especially on the highway.  {The roads are dry, the sun is shining, and there are no other vehicles around; please at least do the speed limit!}
  • Riding the bumper of the person in front of you.  {Really?  Do you want to be in a wreck, or are you just stupid?}
  • Swerving in and out of traffic on the highway, going at least 10 MPH over the speed limit - so about 75 to 80 MPH.  {Not only is this reckless, but it's just plain stupid.  I do not want to die today!}
  • Taking more than enough time to turn, especially if the driver is turning right. {I mean really, is there something there that I can't see?  Why is it taking you so effin long to turn?}
  • Turning out in front of me, which causes me to slam on my brakes, only for you to turn 100 yards down the road.  {You really could have waited.  It's called patience.  And safety!}
 
So, that is all I can think of right now, but I'm sure I can come up with more after I have to drive again!


{Don't forget to swing by my About Me post, and ask me some questions.}

No comments: