Monday, March 14, 2011

My struggles to quit smoking!

So, for Lent, I decided that I wanted to quit smoking.  Now, I can honestly say that I have been trying, but the urge and cravings are so strong sometimes.  I do not want to try to quit anymore though, I want to just do it.

I have never been the type to use programs, patches, gums, etc.  When I decided I wanted to quit, I just quit.  I would put cigarettes down, and not pick them up for weeks or months later.  But this time, it seems so hard for me & I don't know why.

Well, I think I know part of the reason why.  I am trying to do the LORD'S WILL, and that means the devil is trying to stop me.  Any Christian knows what I mean.  So, I will continue to pray, trust in the Lord, have faith, and hope that others will pray for me that I can quit sooner rather than later.

By the way, I have done great with giving up sodas for Lent.  I did not have a soda from the time I woke up
Wednesday morning until Sunday around lunch time.  So, I only had sodas on Sunday, which is allowed, but I don't think I will have any this Sunday, because they did not taste the same as usual.  In addition, I feel better not loading my diet down with sugary drinks and all that caffeine.  I do still drink coffee occasionally (which makes me think I am going to fix a pot in just a minute), but I feel so much better without all the sugar.  I now drink water, coffee, low calorie and sugar Gatorade, and zero calorie and sugar Powerade!

God bless you all & Have a great night!

No comments: