Saturday, March 3, 2012

Severe Storms and Tornadoes

I have been constantly watching the weather today, keeping a check on these storms.  Here is the link to the news article about the tornadoes and all the devastation that has been wreaked today.  While I am happy to see that the storms are weakening as they move towards the East, I am very sad and disheartened over the damage that has taken place where these tornadoes and storms have hit.

My heart and prayers goes out to these individuals and families who have been affected by the storms.  I am sorry for the loss that all of you have suffered, and I pray that the Lord watches over you and guides you during this time of need.  I also pray that you are granted strength, courage, wisdom, faith, and hope during these trials.

While I cannot imagine losing everything I own (I cannot even imagine losing one item that I own), I do know the heartache and pain associated with losing a loved one.  I hope and pray that God lifts your spirits during this time, so that you can deal with the pain and continue to carry on with your lives.

Again, my heart goes out to all of you, and I am praying for all those affected by the tornadoes and severe storms.

UPDATE:  Here is the link for another article I found about the tornadoes.  Of course it is from the American Red Cross, and at the top of that page there is a DONATE NOW button.  You can hit this button to donate to the disaster relief fund, or you can use the link I have set up on the red words "DONATE NOW."  The minimum donation is $10.  Please everyone donate if you can.  And if you don't think you can, skip buying a couple of coffees or fast food lunches/dinners, and you will have the minimum $10 needed to donate.

No comments: