Saturday, January 29, 2011

Never give up!

Today, I did not feel well at all.  I woke up at 5:30 AM sneezing, and my nose was running like crazy.  Then, I ended up with a sinus headache and not being able to breath.  Needless to say, my allergies and sinuses were trying to ruin my day, but I was not going to let them.

I did complete a successful workout today, even though I did not feel like doing it at first, I felt absolutely great afterwards.  My legs have been on fire since my workout Thursday, and it felt so great to work through it and know that I was committing myself to my goals.

My workout for the day was:

Warm-up:  5 minute march in place with 3 lb dumbbells

CIRCUIT (8 lb kettlebell workouts)
- 1 arm swing (2 sets of 10 for each arm)
- Kettlebell clean & press (2 sets of 10 for each arm)
- 2 arm swing (2 sets of 10)
- 1 arm squat press ( 1 set of 10 for each arm)
- 1 arm swing (2 sets of 10 for each arm)
- Halos (2 sets of 10)
- 2 arm swing (1 set of 10)
- Tactical lunges (1 set of 10 for each leg)

Cool down:  5 minute walk outside

Total time:  27 minutes, 25 seconds
Calories burned:  423

I did not complete 2 sets of each exercise because I was having trouble breathing with my allergies, but I am happy that I did not let my allergies keep me from working out at all today.

After my workout, I had an 8 oz. glass of 2% milk with a scoop of whey protein.  I try to include whey protein shakes after all of my workouts.

Overall, today has been a fairly nice day.  I feel accomplished and happy that I continued with my plan even though I did not feel good today.  So, my quote for the day is, "NEVER GIVE UP!"

No comments: